Shopping for wedding bands is such a wonderful and personal experience for the bride and groom. Your wedding rings symbolize the joining of two unique individuals into one union and what better way to personalize them further with an engraving?
There are so many options for what to engrave on your wedding rings. At Argo & Lehne Jewelers, we think the most important thing is that your engravings signify something special to both of you. These inscriptions will be on the inside of your wedding rings, meaning primarily for your eyes only as a constant reminder of your bond and love. Although your engraving can be almost anything (as long as it will fit inside the band), here are a few ideas to consider:
- A Special Date – A special date can be your wedding day, the day you met, or a day that might be completely random to anyone else but has special meaning to the two of you. Dates are very popular to engrave, especially the wedding day date as for generations to come it will be on the ring and signifies the start of married life.
- Nicknames – Do you have a name you call one another? Engraving is a great way to always remember that affection and name that only your husband or wife calls you. This is a less traditional option but can be very sentimental and unique.
- Initials – The use of each other’s initials adds a timeless inscription symbolizing the joining of two individuals. The nice thing about using initials is that you also will have room for your wedding date as well given the small area inside wedding bands.
- Last name – Two last names often become one after marriage. You can begin that joint voyage with a last name engraving.
- Sentiments – “Forever Yours,” “I do,” and “Happily Ever After” are examples of sentiments that echo your commitment. A sentiment from your vows or something you always say to each other is also very personal.
- Verses, Song Lyrics, or Poetry – Many couples have a special bible verse, song, or poem that perfectly represents them. Using the bible verse or song title is something you can work with the engraver on to see what will fit the best.
- Shared Phrases – Splitting a message into two rings, so the message is only complete when they are read together, is also a great way to signify your togetherness.
- Secret Message – A word or phrase may not have any meaning to anyone else, but the two of you due to a past shared experience.
How to Engrave Your Wedding Rings
Take some time to consider your engraving. Don’t forget to consider the limited space available. Once you have settled on the perfect choice, write the engraving down and double-check all spelling before turning it over to your jeweler. Upon return delivery, check carefully to make sure the engraving is correct. Didn’t get your wedding rings engraved initially? No matter where you are in your love story, it’s never too late to have your wedding rings engraved.
There is no right or wrong answer for the perfect engraving for your wedding rings. Your rings should be as unique as you are. Argo & Lehne Jewelers welcome the opportunity to be a part of your wedding story.