Want to sell an item or an entire collection?
We will buy your items outright, or we’ll find a buyer on your behalf.
As your advocate, we work to get the top prices for your diamonds and jewelry. All items will be offered their precious metal value and the final decision to sell is always in your hands. Learn more about our selling and buying services below!
- AGS certified gemologist
- Member of the American Gem Trade Association
- Curated network of buyers
Items We’ll Buy:
At Argo & Lehne, we will buy more than a piece of jewelry. We will accept any kind of precious metal, such as:
Items We Won’t Buy:
- Gold Coins
- Gold Bars
- Non-precious metal watches
- Gold or silver plated items
We are dedicated to providing sellers top dollar for their items based on the high price of gold and other precious materials.
Jewelry Brokerage Services:
We buy many items in-store. However, for items having a strong appeal in markets outside of Columbus, we recommend jewelry brokerage. Our strong relationships and longevity in the industry offer an advantage to our customers that most jewelers can’t match. If you’re interested in having Argo & Lehne sell an item, or a collection, on your behalf, we are happy to assist you. The process typically works as follows:
- Step 1- We identify the metals and gems. Using our AGS Accredited Gem Laboratory, we evaluate and grade your jewelry. A description and photograph is also included.
- Step 2- We find your buyer. Using our valuable connections, we communicate with potential buyers to see who has the most desire for your goods.
- Step 3- We determine price range based on various offers from potential buyers.
- Step 4- If the range is enticing and you’re ready to sell, we will ship the piece so the strongest buyer can physically inspect it and provide an exact offer.
- Step 5- We transmit firm offers to you and you choose to either get a check overnight or have your goods returned. If you choose the latter, just pay the shipping cost.
The decision to sell stays with you at all times and you are free to decide if you don’t want to proceed.
The process typically takes between 1-5 business days.
If time is not a constraint and the items are desired for our showroom, consignment may be an option.
Consignment is a great alternative to outright selling or jewelry brokerage if there is more time to find the perfect buyer. When you consign, you transfer the possession of your pieces to the experts of Argo & Lehne, but ownership of the items remains with you until they are sold to the final consumer. Consignment allows us to incorporate your valuable pieces into our showroom and onto our website, so they have the opportunity to be seen by the most potential buyers.
To consign with Argo & Lehne, pieces must meet our criteria:
- Quality- Just like buying specific pieces outright, in order to consign, pieces must meet Argo’s high standards of quality.
- Demand- To be put in our showroom, the type of item must be in demand
- Inventory Need – To be put in our showroom, the offered pieces shouldn’t compete with our current inventory.
We are always happy to answer any questions or examine pieces in-store to determine if they would be best for consignment!
Estate Consultation Services
If you are dealing with precious family items or heirlooms, we offer estate consultations to guide you through the estate planning process. Working with our in-house gemologist, we will help you identify the gems and metals in your collection and the fair market value of your pieces.
Once the value of the collection is determined, we’re happy to assist you through the next steps. We can work with you to help you repurpose sentimental pieces into new items, sell your jewelry on your behalf, or even assist you in the process of evenly distributing a collection among family members or heirs.
Ready to sell your jewelry or other precious metals?
Our team stands ready to support you to purchase direct, consign, or find the best possible buyer for your jewelry. Contact us with any questions about selling your items or visit us in-store today to begin the efficient buying process!
Contact us today to get started.