Full-Time Sales Associate
Jewelry Sales Associate – 5 years Sales or Retail Experience
3100 Tremont Road, Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43221
Pay and Benefits
$30,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Must be available Saturdays, but we are closed on Sundays.
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply, only full-time employees eligible.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) Matching, Dental Insurance, Employee Discount, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Vision Insurance
Pay: $12 per hour + commission
Do you love jewelry and interacting with people? We are hiring a full-time sales position in a family run jewelry store located in Upper Arlington. We are looking for creative individuals who are passionate about jewelry, styling, building brand awareness and developing new business. This job will give you the tools and knowledge to develop a clientele in which you have the opportunity to become their personal shopper and designer. You will learn the ins and outs of the jewelry industry beyond jewelry sales.
This position may be for you if –
- You are intuitive.
- You listen to the needs of customers and create solutions.
- You are focused, self-driven, ethical and a team player.
- You don’t end the sale after the purchase, rather build a lifetime customer and relationship by reaching out via email, phone and hand written letters.
Who is Argo & Lehne?
For 96 years, we have been Columbus’s trusted jewelry store for all vintage, custom and contemporary jewelry. We encourage individual style while providing high end customer service and jewelry of heirloom quality. Our customers are an extension of our family and we look forward to serving them for years to come.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
- Being a team Player
- Proven work experience as a retail sales associate, sales representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic math skills
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
Argo & Lehne Core Values:
- We are honest and demand exceptional customer service. We stand by our products and customers.
- We are friendly.
- We are jewelry professionals adhering to stringent industry standards. We are committed to continual industry education and to understanding the demands of our customers.
- All products that leave the store are of high quality. They are well-made and well-designed. They satisfy customers’ standards and leave in great condition.
- We support the local community and the arts.
- We encourage individual style by offering unique custom, estate, bridal, fine and fashion jewelry.
- We are a team.
Standards for Measuring Performance:
- The manner in which you reflect Argo & Lehne’s core values.
- Demonstrated level of job proficiency and knowledge of tasks.
- Overall results in sales.
- Providing a friendly working environment to all team members.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Expected Hiring Date
2 to 4 weeks
Additional Job Details
- Pay frequency: Every other week
- Paid Training: Yes
- Advancement Opportunities: The jewelry sales associate has advancement in salary with excellence in clienteling. Year after year, you should continue to make more money. We do offer education for jewelry industry specific courses. It really depends on where you want to take your career (gemologist, jeweler, designer, etc). At current, this position has the potential to become the store manager.
- Typical start time: 9AM
- Typical end time: 5PM
- This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous, People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects, Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- This Job Is: Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Company’s website: www.argolehne.com
- Company’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArgoLehne
Day shift, 5 days, Monday to Saturday
Application Method – Email
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t phone the store regarding your resume. Emails only. Those who provide cover letters will be considered with priority to non-cover letter candidates.